Sunday, May 9, 2010

Special and Interesting things About Me


Hi everyone! I've had some special and interesting things happen to me.

1) This fact may surprise you. I was once more famous for my piano playing than my invention. When people saw me they thought of me as a piano player. This occurred after almost the whole blind community of France was using my system. All of the sighted people didn't know about me because the blind and the sighted don't really communicate. So I found it interesting that I was known for my piano playing more than my invention.


2) Once I died, some of my friends found a box. I had written on it in bold letters, " To be burned without opening." My friends opened the box anyway and found it full of paper slips. Basically, I had given students loans for either gifts or school things. I didn't want them to pay me back so I wanted the slips to be burned. My friends did this, so I was satisfied.


3) When I lost my sight, I lost all memories of color. My hands told me that a tree was tall, but I had no idea what color it was. I could make out the shapes of things but I couldn't make those shapes fill up with color. The colors of my parents was another thing I couldn't see. I couldn't remember their eye or hair color. That was a very weird experience.


Those are some special things about me that you might not have known. See you next time!!


Louis Braille
End of Post 4

No comments:

Post a Comment