Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Character Traits


I'm back to tell you about traits! After reading this post you will have an idea of who I am as a person. I hope I come across as a pretty kindhearted guy and not someone crazy!!!



Some people describe me as determined. They say it is because I worked so hard on the Braille system. I did work on it for three years nonstop. So I know why they call me that. When I was inventing the system I had my eyes on the prize. I was on a mission to find a way for blind people to read and write.



Other people say that I'm musical. This one is easy to understand. I played the organ at St. Nicholas-de-Champs. That is one of the largest churches in Paris. When I first started to learn how to play the piano and other instruments, it came very easy to me. I was naturally gifted in music. It was fun to learn these instruments because I could learn at a quick pace and still play well. Musical is definitely a way to describe me.



I am known to be fair. When I would be playing the piano somewhere or presenting my invention to the public, someone would always pity me and say," He is so clever for a blind man." Why couldn't that person treat me like any other person in the world? Why couldn't they judge me as if I still could see? I would get so frustrated when people would pity me. They should think of me as a sighted person and put my disability aside. They should treat me as an equal, and not as a disabled person. That is why I am known for being fair.



My colleagues would describe me as dedicated. I taught at the Royal Institute for Blind Youth for twenty-three years! That was all the time I could teach because of my death from tuberculosis. I loved to teach, so why would I quit just because of a deadly disease? I only stopped teaching when I was physically not able to anymore.



One final trait that the director and my teachers would describe me as would be intelligent. I came up with the idea of using the alphabet instead of using sounds for the raised dots of my system. I did this when I was 15! I also became a teacher at the institute, overcoming my blindness that should have stopped me. It takes a smart person to become a teacher. That is why people call me intelligent.


Now you know who I am as a person. I hope you could somehow relate to me. Please wait patiently for the next post.


Louis Braille

End of Post 3

6 comments:

  1. fetwhrtg2 ter55gint9 t45firu54rh๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜‘
    ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜‚uar๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰y6a47wk45wj๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜กhaaegtshrtrhy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HREeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

      Delete
  2. Thank u for nothing

    ReplyDelete