Sunday, May 9, 2010

Review



Out of Darkness; The Story of Louis Braille
By: Russell Freedman
1997 Clarion Books/New York


Out of Darkness; The Story of Louis Braille was a great book. It deserves a 4 and a half star rating. I really liked how the author told it as more of a story rather than a boring biography. I thought that the author focused more on Louis' childhood than when he was older. This was okay though because that is when most of the important things occurred in Louis' life. The only disappointment was that there was no timeline. I believe that a timeline helps many students, and it was a feature this book lacked. In the end, it was a great book!!! Awesome job Russell!

I would read another book by this author. He made a biography fun to read. This is a hard task to do considering most biographies are all facts. I would recommend this book to friends because it was a great book. I would also recommend the author because he is a talented biography writer. As you can tell, it was an enjoyable book to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment